[Wikimedia-l] PRISM

James Alexander jamesofur at gmail.com
Thu Jun 13 08:07:25 UTC 2013

On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 1:01 AM, Magnus Manske
<magnusmanske at googlemail.com> wrote:
> I would like to raise the option of a more "Wikipedia-like" protest. How
> about, on the English Wikipedia, picking one day to make the Main Page
> topic-specific, similar to the traditional April 1 selection?
>
> Candidates, off the top of my hat:
> [[NSA]] / [[Black Chamber]]
> [[PRISM (surveillance program)]]
> [[Panopticon]]
> [[Surveillance state]] / [[Mass surveillance]]
> [[1984]]
> [[Surveillance abuse]]
>
> The articles are (of course!:-) NPOV, but the topic selection could be POV
> to raise awareness of the issue.

I love this idea, hell if we wanted to we could have a nice banner on
top (similar to how we did for Wiki10 ) to make sure that everyone
knows exactly why it's being done. It's not as disruptive as other
options but is almost certain to get some attention.

James