[Wikimedia-l] PRISM

James Salsman jsalsman at gmail.com
Thu Jun 13 06:39:50 UTC 2013

Do others feel that the "letter to US Congress" text at
https://optin.stopwatching.us/ (for which there does not seem to be a
direct URL, sorry) is appropriately worded?

I am far more impressed by the text at http://bestbits.net/prism-nsa/
which Jan Engelmann suggested on the Advocacy Advisors list, and by
https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2013/06/international-customers-its-time-call-us-internet-companies-demand-accountability
which urges economic action.

What are the arguments for and agains using project banner space for:

(1) Calls for boycott (Liam Wyatt says this is unlikely, and as a
practical matter I have no illusions but to agree. However, I must
insist to those considering starting or participating in an RFC on the
topic: there is only one way to find out);

(2) Shareholder resolution organisation (Google is immune to
shareholder resolutions, so what is an appropriate alternative in
Google's case -- picketing the triumvirate's residences?);

(3) Calls for divestiture; and

(4) Calls for individual court action on First and Fourth Amendment
grounds, and on the grounds of disproportionate spending and
incarceration relative to other threats to health, safety, and
security than crime?