[Wikimedia-l] PRISM

Mathieu Stumpf psychoslave at culture-libre.org
Tue Jun 11 09:33:30 UTC 2013

Le 2013-06-10 14:29, Craig Franklin a écrit :
> If the NSA, CIA, or some other spook agency is getting information
> off of
> Wikimedia servers, they don't have a CU account or anything like
> that.
>  They'd have a program running at the operating system level that
> extracts
> the data in a standardised format and sends it off to some secret
> server
> somewhere where it can be collated for data mining purposes.  If they
> have
> some way of getting private information, it's going to be well hidden
> and
> not something you or I are likely to (or capable of) stumbling
> across.

People wherever they work are humans. They never use supranatural
powers that are fundamentally innaccessible to the mere mortal because
they are mere mortal. Sure one person can hardly expect to achieve more
than a structured organisation with far much ressources. It doesn't mean
individuals which are not part of one sepcific organisation are
powerless.

> Cheers,
> Craig
>

> On 10 June 2013 20:09, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 10 June 2013 10:56, Florence Devouard <anthere9 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>> > Precisely, they could ask to have "CU" accounts...
>>

>> There are people who closely monitor who has what powers.
>>

>> - d.

Association Culture-Libre
http://www.culture-libre.org/