[Wikimedia-l] Fwd: [Wikimediauk-l] Wikimedia UK elects four trustees to its Board

Chris Keating chriskeatingwiki at gmail.com
Sun Jun 9 20:22:18 UTC 2013

Dear all,

Thought you might like to hear news from Wikimedia UK's AGM.

We held elections for four Trustees - we elect 3 one year and 4 the next,
for two-year terms.

Saad Choudhri and Greyham Dawes were elected for the first time, but are
not new to the Board, as they were both co-opted to fill vacant seats over
the course of last year. Michael Maggs and Alastair McCapra were elected
for the first time. Michael is a long-standing Wikimedian principally
active on Commons where he is a Bureaucrat, and has recently retired from a
career as a patent attorney. Alastair has not previousy been a Wikimedian
but has extensive experience in the not-for-profit and education sectors -
he is currently Chief Executive of the Landscape Trust.

Continuing on the Board having been elected for two-year terms last year
are myself, Mike Peel, and Ashley van Haeften (Fae). Doug Taylor
(User:Rexxs) retires from the Board but still intends to play an important
role in our education outreach work. We also have three news seats on the
Board which are currently empty and will be filled by co-option.

I would like to welcome Alastair and Michael, who I'm sure will be
subscribing to this list shortly if they haven't already.

Regards,

Chris