[Wikimedia-l] "Somebody Will"

Mathieu Stumpf psychoslave at culture-libre.org
Tue Jun 4 10:50:20 UTC 2013

Le 2013-06-04 06:51, David Cuenca a écrit :
> Hi Sumana,
>
> The interpretation could be better, the melody could be merrier, and
> still,
> I liked the lyrics. Thanks for sharing!
>
> Seeing this I wonder if it would be possible for the WM movement to
> gain
> more presence, or better said, some presence in the cultural creation
> world. For instance, if sci-fi authors were given the task of
> imagining a
> wiki-world where free knowledge thrives... what would it look like?
> Or some criminal story, where edit wars go too far... :)

You may like this project that I would like to see included within
Wikimedia official projects:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikikultur

Please show your support and add your signature if you are interested.
I whish I was able to come to Wikimania to present it, but I failed at
obtaining a scholarship for this event. Nevertheless some people
interested in the project should be there, and I will try to help them
as far as I can to present the project.

By the way, is there a license attached to this song, or is it bare
copyright?

> I loved the xkcd fundraising campaign and I hope that there are more
> PR
> actions that not only focus on fundraising, but also in nurturing
> directly
> the cultural presence. Is it happening? Would it be wanted?
>
> Cheers,
> Micru
>
> On Mon, Jun 3, 2013 at 8:17 AM, Sumana Harihareswara
> <sumanah at wikimedia.org>wrote:
>
>> Cynics, skip this message!
>>

>> http://www.sassafrassmusic.com/songs/sci-fi-fantasy-fandom/somebody-will/
>>
>> I came across this sentimental song about "a world of encouragement
>> and
>> productivity, in which everyone is encouraged to create, support and
>> work toward ideals" and it reminded me of our shared mission, so I
>> wanted to share it with you.
>> -Sumana

Association Culture-Libre
http://www.culture-libre.org/