[Wikimedia-l] NSA

Nathan nawrich at gmail.com
Wed Jul 31 22:10:45 UTC 2013

Thanks David. Always appreciate your wit.

That said, I wasn't claiming that anticipating being monitored was
exceptional. Quite the opposite; I said I was surprised there was
anyone who didn't already assume everything was trapped and traced.
Your reaction of "Fuck. Fuck these people." suggests you were
surprised they might be keeping tabs on Wikipedia. Although I wouldn't
take the use of the Wikipedia logo as complete confirmation (it could
just be an illustration, for the audience, of how much people use http
traffic), its hard to imagine most people would be shocked to learn
Wikipedia traffic isn't exempt from a dragnet that catches literally
everything else.

~Nathan