[Wikimedia-l] About the concentration of resources in SF (it was: "Communication plans for community engagement"

Daniel Mietchen daniel.mietchen at googlemail.com
Mon Jul 29 03:05:39 UTC 2013

I could imagine that certain types of bots, tools and gadgets would
benefit if handled and developed with support from a chapter.

For instance,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Citation_bot
is used widely but cannot be maintained by its original author.
It is currently being ported to Labs (
https://github.com/wrought/citation-bot )
to restore functionality, but due to ongoing developments in other
areas (e.g. citation templates), adaptations are necessary on an
ongoing basis. Who should do that? And what about feature requests?

Some bot owners manage to handle all this on their own, but having
support from a chapter for such things (on an opt-in basis) or for
feature requests from the wider community would probably be widely
appreciated.

Daniel