[Wikimedia-l] Resend: The soft underbelly of the WP: the sponsored private fiefdoms that thrive in the blind spots

Fred Bauder fredbaud at fairpoint.net
Tue Jul 23 11:54:04 UTC 2013

> A case in point, the other day I was looking for images of mosquitos
> sucking blood and and came across blatant pornography on Flickr. I added
> few lines about pornography on Flickr and because it was reverted
>
> Rui Correia.

The Flickr images you linked to, if it was you, were the sort one pays
for... on a pornography site. Not good to post the links. The question is
whether there is information about these sorts of images on Flickr
published in a reliable source. I don't know the answer to that question.

Here is the deal: Wikipedia is not an independent search for truth and
repository of the results. It is a compendium of information published in
reasonably reliable sources. A summary of generally accepted human
knowledge.

Fred