[Wikimedia-l] [Advocacy Advisors] WMF response to PRISM?

James Salsman jsalsman at gmail.com
Tue Jul 9 06:07:01 UTC 2013

Luis Villa wrote:
> I'll probably post some more details on the talk page in the next
> day or two, but suffice to say that we continue to listen for options
> that are aligned with our values and likely to have an impact on
> the discussion.

Luis, could you please help us understand the specific reasons that the
proposed options (which seemed to be favored roughly 8 to 3 at the meta
feedback page) aren't considered to be aligned with the values you're
referring to?

Would publicizing these free and open secure alternatives to
commercial applications known to be under surveillance --
https://prism-break.org/ -- be sufficiently aligned with out values?