[Wikimedia-l] adding SM to the Blog Calendar on Meta

Guillaume Paumier gpaumier at wikimedia.org
Fri Jan 18 13:04:11 UTC 2013

Hi,

On Fri, Jan 18, 2013 at 2:52 AM, Matthew Roth <mroth at wikimedia.org> wrote:
> Do you guys think it makes any sense to use Meta to help handle the workflow
> for both the blog and social media messages? See the item for tomorrow where
> I've added proposed social media message for the two blog posts I'm
> publishing tomorrow:
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Blog/Calendar#January_2013
>
> I don't know how we can make Meta work for this kind of thing, but it seems
> to make sense to me to try to consolidate the tool we use for seeking and
> giving feedback on these.

I'm too lazy to dig up the previous conversation about this in my
e-mail archives, but I think that's what we wanted to do at some
point. I think it's when Stacey started publishing OTD / DYK stuff and
we felt it could be scheduled far in advance to avoid being delayed by
belated validation of the proposed postings on the socialmedia@ alias.

It's also why the blog calendar has the qualifier "Blog" for each blog
post: because at some point we started to add social media stuff there
too, so "Blog" was used to distinguish the blog posts from social
media postings.

(Oh, and that means I'm totally fine with it, btw :)

--
Guillaume Paumier