[Wikimedia-l] "Big data" benefits and limitations (relevance: WMF editor engagement, fundraising, and HR practices)

ENWP Pine deyntestiss at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 1 22:33:08 UTC 2013

> Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2012 16:19:25 +0200
> From: Strainu <strainu10 at gmail.com>
> Cc: "wikitech-l at lists.wikimedia.org" <wikitech-l at lists.wikimedia.org>,
> 	"wiki-research-l at lists.wikimedia.org"
> 	<wiki-research-l at lists.wikimedia.org>
> Subject: Re: [Wikimedia-l] "Big data" benefits and limitations
> 	(relevance: WMF editor engagement, fundraising, and HR practices)
>
> Hi Pine,
>
> It might be because of the alcohol I've ingested these last days, but
> - what are you proposing exactly?
>
> Hapy new year,
>   strainu

I wasn't proposing any specific action. I was thinking, "Big Data is a
cool topic, it's a big topic in its own right, it's relevant to several
aspects of Wikimedia, and other people might be interested in reading
about it or thinking about it in relation to work that they're doing or
priorities that they have".

Happy new year,

Pine