[Wikimedia-l] Info: Election for WCA Chairperson

Fae faewik at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 19:09:15 UTC 2013

For those commenting here that they would like to see all AffCom
recognized chapters voting for the Chair, please note this would take
a resolution to change the charter (section B Art 3) "Each Chapter
selects one Council Member, by announcement of the Chapter to the
Chair of the Council."

I estimate that in practice such a resolution would mean that we could
not run the election for Chair until after the Milan conference, and I
would have no confidence that it would pass.

@Jan-Bart, as the only WMF trustee discussing this here so far, and as
the person who started this line of discussion, would the WMF trustees
be content to see me stay in place for so long whilst we reach a
consensus?

I was aiming to open nominations at midnight today my time, so
apologies if by the time you read this it is already too late to
change the schedule.

Thanks,
Fae