[Wikimedia-l] Info: Election for WCA Chairperson

Newyorkbrad newyorkbrad at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 04:17:02 UTC 2013

Although I'm pretty much a complete outsider to this process, and so my
opinion may be discounted accordingly, this schedule for voting may be a
little bit too expedited to be optimal. I'm especially concerned that only
one week is allotted between the close of nominations and the close of
voting. To the extent that a given member might wish to decide his or her
vote through consultation with his or her chapter -- through internal
discussion and consensus or a vote of the chapter board members or all the
chapter's members, on a mailing list or at a chapter meeting -- I'm not
sure one week is a long enough period in which all chapters can do so.

I understand there are reasons to want to move ahead expeditiously with
this election, so I'm not calling for delay for the sake of delay; on the
other hand, allowing a bit more time might be in order.

Regards,
Newyorkbrad

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Chapters_Association/Elections/2013_Chair