[Wikimedia-l] 2012 Picture of the Year

Mono monomium at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 18:44:05 UTC 2013

On behalf of the 2012 Picture of the Year committee, I'm proud to announce
the seventh Picture of the Year. About 4,000 Wikimedia editors helped
select this marvelous image, shattering previous turnout records.

You can view the top 12 results right now on Wikimedia Commons at
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Picture_of_the_Year/2012/Results.
Stay tuned for a blog post on the Wikimedia blog and an upcoming 2014
calendar from the top 12 images.

The contest is a fun and enjoyable event that not only celebrates our
excellent photographers and illustrators, but everyone who contributes to
Wikimedia. You are encouraged to donate your own work to the Wikimedia
Commons as our library of freely licensed media files grows past 16 million
files.

Thank you for your participation!

User:Mono
POTY 2012 Committee