[Wikimedia-l] Wikimedia Foundation's support of OTRS

Federico Leva (Nemo) nemowiki at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 10:20:06 UTC 2013

Peter Gervai, 21/02/2013 11:04:
> I can help supporting OTRS, and Wikimedia Hungary can officially
> support it as well. I do not intend to look for alternatives, partly
> because I'm quite happy with OTRS, partly because I haven't met
> anything better suiting this kind of job and partly because I'm not
> interested suporting something I do not know.

Interesting. Has hu.wiki ever considered to use a WM-HU hosted instance
of OTRS instead of the WMF one? Given that this was among the suggested
solutions here, it would be useful to know about previous discussions on
the matter.
(The only thing I know is that WMIT considers WMF's OTRS so crappy that
even our own – rather bad – instance is preferred to using theirs.)

Nemo