[Wikimedia-l] WikiWomen's History Month

Yaroslav M. Blanter putevod at mccme.ru
Fri Feb 15 20:24:51 UTC 2013

On Fri, 15 Feb 2013 11:18:52 -0800, Sarah Stierch wrote:
> [Pardon the cross-posts - and the English message]  - Please forward
> as well!
>
> Hi everyone,
>
> March is Women's History Month, and this will be the second year for
> WikiWomen's History Month, an *international* collaborative event
> that
> takes place offline at edit-a-thons and online through project
> focuses. Events and projects focus on improving women's history
> coverage on any language project. We have a page on English
> Wikipedia,
> like last year, to gather all of the events:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiWomen%27s_History_Month
>
> So far we have events in South America, Europe and the United States.
>
> I hope you'll consider throwing an event in your town, village, or
> city - or do a women's history focus for your WikiProject - large or
> small!
>
> Sarah

Hi Sarah,

this is interesting, but are you also organizing a drive? I am not
really interested in hosting an event, or even participating in one, but
I can consider creating a couple of articles myself. Is there a page to
collect new / considerable expanded articles? One could also think about
using them for DYK.

Cheers
Yaroslav