[Wikimedia-l] Fwd: [Wikimediauk-l] QRpedia

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Sat Feb 9 18:02:28 UTC 2013

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Chris Keating <chris.keating at wikimedia.org.uk>
Date: 9 February 2013 17:10
Subject: [Wikimediauk-l] QRpedia
To: wikimediauk-l at lists.wikimedia.org

Dear all,

I am pleased to announce that Wikimedia UK has reached an agreement
with Roger Bamkin and Terence Eden regarding the ownership of QRpedia.

The intellectual property in QRpedia and the qrpedia.org and qrwp.org
domains will be transferred to Wikimedia UK, which will maintain and
support the development of the QRpedia platform for the future. Roger
and Terence will act as honorary advisors to Wikimedia UK in this, as
well as retaining their moral rights of attribution, but will not
receive any financial consideration for this.

I am very pleased we have reached an agreement. I look forward to
Wikimedia UK working to support QRpedia's future development. This
includes defining our future involvement with the MonmouthpediA and
GibraltarpediA projects. A fuller statement will follow.

Regards,

Chris Keating

--
Chris Keating
Chair, Wikimedia UK
chris.keating at wikimedia.org.uk

Wikimedia UK is the operating name of Wiki UK Limited, a Charitable
Company registered in England and Wales. Registered Company No.
6741827. Registered Charity No.1144513.
Registered Office: 4th Floor, Development House, 56-64 Leonard Street,
London EC2A 4LT