[Wikimedia-l] Fundraising testing

Megan Hernandez mhernandez at wikimedia.org
Wed Feb 6 18:44:04 UTC 2013

Hi all,

We wanted to let you know the fundraising team is starting up testing in
February.  We're starting at low levels, so most people will not even
notice banners to start with.  5% of anonymous users will see a banner just
one time.  We are not showing any banners to logged in users.

There was an announcement in November about us splitting up the fundraiser
this year.  Just a very quick recap: We ran the end-of-year campaign in
November and December in the top 5 English-speaking countries (US, UK,
Canada, Australia, and New Zealand).  The campaign was successful and we
were able to take the banners down a few weeks ahead of schedule:
https://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Press_releases/Wikimedia_Foundation_raises_25_million_in_2012_fundraiser

We are now working on starting up testing in countries that were not
included in the end-of-year campaign.  We'll be working on translations and
optimizing our donation pages in many countries over the coming months.

We will post a report of the year-end campaign with much more detailed
information and will send a note to this mailing list when it's available.

We always need help making improvements in different countries and
languages.  If you have any suggestions, please do leave us a note on the
fundraising meta discussion page:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Fundraising_2013

Thanks!

Megan