[Wikimedia-l] Outcome of Wikimedia board discussion on the Chapters Association

James Heilman jmh649 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 12:49:53 UTC 2013

I am glad to see the WMF taking a slow and careful look at this. My
primary question is why does this costing so much? More than half a
million is a huge sum. And what exactly do we as a movement get from
this? IMO we do not need more bureaucracy but less. A $100,000 for the
secretary general, to run an organization that does not even exist
yet? What we need is more tech people. While I know all those involved
in this are good people why are they not doing this was volunteers? I
donate around $250,000 worth of my time a year to the movement and
still throw in some cash.

--
James Heilman
MD, CCFP-EM, Wikipedian