[Wikimedia-l] Copyright URAA trolls on Wikimedia Commons

??? wiki-list at phizz.demon.co.uk
Tue Dec 31 19:45:13 UTC 2013

On 31/12/2013 15:01, Yann Forget wrote:
> 2013/12/31 ??? <wiki-list at phizz.demon.co.uk>
>>

>> Isn't that the attitude that got Kim Dotcom into trouble?
>> http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2013/12/us-unveils-the-
>> case-against-kim-dotcom-revealing-e-mails-and-financial-data/
>

> This is a typical trolling. Comparing Megaupload with Wikimedia Commons?
> Don't you have better (constructive) arguments?

I'm comparing your attitude that rather than fixing the known copyright
issues upfront one should await complaints before addressing, to be
similar to that exhibited by megaupload. An attitude that is essentially
one of "We'll get away with it for as long as possible, until someone
complains." Meanwhile falsely advertising that the content is free to use.