[Wikimedia-l] Porn blocking in the UK: en:wp blocks on O2

James Alexander jalexander at wikimedia.org
Sun Dec 22 20:38:10 UTC 2013

Watching the o2 twitter account on overdrive most of the day has been interesting. They seem to have changed a bit of the tune of the responses from simply "it's opt in parents can choose" (except to complaints about childline type responses to a mix of that and "we are reviewing the parental control opt-in service as soon as possible." Of course  has shown "change" isn't impossible but isn't horribly likely.

https://mobile.twitter.com/O2

Sent from my iPhone

James Alexander
Legal and Community Advocacy