[Wikimedia-l] Let's accept Bitcoin as a donation method

Peter Gervai grinapo at gmail.com
Fri Dec 13 07:54:47 UTC 2013

On Thu, Dec 12, 2013 at 11:54 PM, Steven Walling
<steven.walling at gmail.com> wrote:

> naturally appreciates in value, like playing the stock market or buying
> gold. Avoiding lots of risky investments is something our very competent

I do not plan to get into a perpetual debate just wanted to point out
that there is no "playing" and "buying" and "risky investment"
involved. Nobody asked WMF to buy BC or to convert existing assets to
BC. All the risk has been taken by the donors (whether they donate
$100 or $0), WMF *finiancially* risks exactly nothing (provided that
we assume people who want to donate in BC would not use goventment
money anyway, which seems logical to me).

Peter