[Wikimedia-l] Communication plans for community engagement

Laura Hale laura at fanhistory.com
Wed Aug 7 11:34:33 UTC 2013

On Wed, Aug 7, 2013 at 1:27 PM, Yaroslav M. Blanter <putevod at mccme.ru>wrote:

> Not commenting on the topic of the thread, is there any data around to
> show that the English Wikipedia is mainly written by North Americans (aka
> residents of the US and Canada)? Seems to me that it is likely to be the
> case but not 100% obvious.

The answer would be best answered topically. I have data that shows
Australian content tends to be maintained by Australians.  When you start
looking at some things on the very specific gradient, other nationalistic
editing patterns appear.  During the London Olympics and Paralympics, there
was a large number of UK editors contributing to articles about ALL London
Olympic and Paralympic sports.  Boccia articles I have found are often
updated by Poles.  Equestrian has a large number of British contributors.

Sincerely,
Laura Hale

--
twitter: purplepopple