[Wikimedia-l] Why not everyone have the right to vote in the Board & FDC elections?

Yaroslav M. Blanter putevod at mccme.ru
Tue Apr 30 11:06:05 UTC 2013

On 30.04.2013 12:14, James Alexander wrote:

> Very side note: I'm not sure if you're talking in the past sense or
> not
> here but I did want to stick up for Wikiversity a bit here in the more
> presente tense. I don't think I've checked in the past couple weeks
> but
> I've trolled the recent changes there every month or so for a while
> and
> have been really excited to see it doing some cool looking work for a
> while
> now. It seems that many of the issues in the past have been mostly
> resolved. I am sure, like us all, they still have some skeletons they
> would
> like to get rid of but it seems that the internal process there did
> end
> kicking into gear some. </offtopic>
>
> James

The founder and guru of the Russian Wikiversity was banned from Russian
Wikipedia several years ago for trolling and disruptive behavior, and
also made himself infamous for introducing obligatory "user reputation"
template on the talk pages and blocking users with zero contribution
(some of them indefinitely).

Cheers
Yaroslav