[Wikimedia-l] [WCA] Chapters Portal - Yet another Summary of information on Meta

Manuel Schneider manuel.schneider at wikimedia.ch
Thu Apr 25 08:22:51 UTC 2013

Dear all,

it has been mentioned several times that Meta is sometimes a messy
place, with information scattered everywhere around.

"It is on Meta" (TM) is one of our most used (and feared) terms.

Also Wikimedia Chapters often have a hard time to keep their info
updated, provide their reports at the right place. A "Chapters Portal"
which links all information has been mentioned.

Since Ziko asked to link strategic plans on Meta (yet another place to
keep updated) and we (WMAT) recently got harrased because we didn't
publish our office address on a Meta page we never heard of before
(https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_offices - anyone?), I decided
now to be bold and go ahead:

https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Chapters_Portal

I also linked this page now on {{Chapters association}} and
{{Chapters}}, so I hope people will find it and from there will find the
information they need.

Please, this is ongoing work - feel free to add more links, descriptions
etc. I tried to cluster the links as much as I could and provide a brief
description so people don't have to follow all the links to find what
they are looking for but it is not yet ready.

Regards,

Manuel
Lausanne, +41 (21) 34066-22 - www.wikimedia.ch