[Wikimedia-l] New design for the list info page?

Isarra Yos zhorishna at gmail.com
Thu Apr 18 18:16:58 UTC 2013

I agree that a restyle is in order, but I'd advise against using this,
at least in its current form, due to usability problems presented by the
contrast. Solid black background, white foreground, and grey text all
add up to eyestrain, and on lower-quality monitors it can make the grey
text quite difficult to read as well. The logo, headers, and buttons are
also strangely large, making the rest of the text seem even smaller by
comparison, similarly not helping readability.

Something more in line with designs used on other Wikimedia things
(current mediawiki skin, the blog layouts, gerrit's style, etc) would
probably be best just so people feel more at home, if anyone would like
to take the time, but that would probably be more difficult to do.

--
-— Isarra