[Wikimedia-l] "Tweet this page" from some or all sites???

Mathieu Stumpf psychoslave at culture-libre.org
Thu Apr 18 15:47:22 UTC 2013

Le 2013-04-18 17:25, David Gerard a écrit :
> On 18 April 2013 15:54, Mathieu Stumpf
> <psychoslave at culture-libre.org> wrote:
>> Le 2013-04-18 14:52, Thomas Morton a écrit :
>
>>> Or, you could click a button.
>>> Why is making something easy a problem?
>
>> Because easiness is not our **only** concern.
>

> It is, however, an extremely important one. It only takes a *tiny*
> inconvenience to lose a *lot* of people.

I do agree that it's important to make it easy to diffuse knowledge. I
don't agree that it's a tiny inconvenience. Sure my feelings are not
more credible than yours, but to my mind the teapote proof[1] is on your
side. :P

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russell%27s_teapot

> (Someone noted on wikien-l that the "Oh Shit" moment in the editor
> graph coincides pretty well with the decision to lock down article
> creation on en:wp. Tiny inconveniences.)

Sorry, I think I miss some context to understand this paragraph.

>> I just fail to perceive a
>> copy/paste action as a huge barrier to knowledge diffusion.
>

> And yet, it seems to be. People keep asking for the buttons.

Would you be kind enough to provide some links to this queries, please?

>>  To my mind
>> Wikipedia Zero for example seems to adress a real concern of
>> knowledge
>> diffusion.
>

> Wikipedia Zero is not particularly related to the present discussion.

It's related to knowledge diffusion, which was used as a pro argument
for this feature if I am not mistaken.

> However, consider the mobile interface. Copy-and-pasting a URL is
> considerably more difficult there. How would you work around that?

Having a "copy this page address" button maybe? And you may paste it in
whatever "social media" you like, as an email for example. ;)

--
Association Culture-Libre
http://www.culture-libre.org/