[Wikimedia-l] French intelligency agency forces removal of a Wikipedia article

Matthew Roth mroth at wikimedia.org
Sat Apr 6 05:44:42 UTC 2013

WMF Legal Counsel Michele Paulson has added a statement to the discussion
on fr.wp here:
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikip%C3%A9dia:Bulletin_des_administrateurs/2013/Semaine_14#Wikimedia_Foundation_elaborates_on_recent_demand_by_French_governmental_agency_to_remove_Wikipedia_content
.

It is also repeated on Meta here:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Legal_and_Community_Advocacy/Statement_on_France

I noted on the Communications Committee list that everyone can feel invited
to send press inquiries to me at the Foundation. I'm happy to clarify what
we know of the chronology of events and answer questions reporters might
have.

thank you,
Matthew

--