[Wikimedia-l] (semi-OT) Open access "catastrophic" for Elsevier

George Herbert george.herbert at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 23:21:21 UTC 2012

On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 3:08 PM, emijrp <emijrp at gmail.com> wrote:
> Coordinating people to write encyclopedias was expensive. Well, until 2001.

"eventualism" and our reliable sources model are probably a very poor
match to time-sensitive original research in the sciences or
engineering, which is what journals are all about.

That is not to say that a pure open-content and organization model
could not work, but I don't think ours does.

If you want to help figure out and organize one...

--
-george william herbert
george.herbert at gmail.com