[Wikimedia-l] Page Curation launch on English Wikipedia

Fabrice Florin fflorin at wikimedia.org
Wed Sep 26 01:02:18 UTC 2012

Hi folks,

I am happy to announce that the Wikimedia Foundation has just launched Page Curation, a new suite of tools for reviewing articles on Wikipedia.

Current page patrol tools like Special:NewPages and Twinkle can be hard to use quickly and accurately, and have led to frustration for some users. Page Curation aims to improve that page patrol experience by making it faster and easier to review new pages, using two integrated tools: the New Pages Feed and the Curation Toolbar.

Read the Page Curation announcement on our blog:
http://blog.wikimedia.org/2012/09/25/page-curation-launch/

To learn more, visit our introduction page:
 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Page_Curation/Introduction

If you are an experienced editor, please give Page Curation a try:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:NewPagesFeed

We are also holding IRC office hours on Wednesday, September 26 at 4pm PT (23:00 UTC), during which we will be happy to answer any questions you may have. Please report any issues on our talk page or to our Community Liaison, Oliver Keyes <okeyes at wikimedia.org>.

A number of patrollers have already started using Page Curation, and we hope that more curators will adopt this new toolkit over time. A 'release version' was deployed on the English Wikipedia on September 20, 2012, and we plan to make it available to other projects in coming weeks.

This feature was created in close collaboration with editors. We would like to take this opportunity to thank all the community members who patiently guided our progress over the past few months. This includes folks like Athleek123, DGG, Dori, Fluffernutter, Logan, The Helpful One, Tom Morris, Utar and WereSpielChequers, to name but a few. We are deeply grateful for your generous contributions to this project!

We designed Page Curation to offer a better experience, by making it easier for curators to review new pages and by providing more feedback to creators so they can improve Wikipedia together.

We hope that you will find this new tool useful. Enjoy!

Fabrice Florin
Product Manager, Editor Engagement Team
Wikimedia Foundation
User:Fabrice Florin (WMF)