[Wikimedia-l] FUD&Chilling Effects&Filters&Outlawing

ENWP Pine deyntestiss at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 25 20:20:29 UTC 2012

Some of what that article describes is absurd and would run counter to
principles that I think Europe generally supports. I think most of us would
agree that the internet can be used for dangerous and fraudulent purposes
and that governments have a role in protecting the public from genuine
danger and fraud, but those efforts need to be done in a reasonable and
balanced way that respects important liberty principles that underpin
governments that are "of the people, by the people, for the people."

I hope that WMF Legal takes a look at this article and evaluates how much of
it is truthful. Hopefully that article is more rumor than truth.

Pine

-