[Wikimedia-l] (semi-OT) Open access "catastrophic" for Elsevier

Richard Symonds richard.symonds at wikimedia.org.uk
Tue Sep 25 15:24:17 UTC 2012

To be fair, organising academics is probably quite like herding cats. I can
see it being expensive (but not quite as expensive as currently!) I wonder:
would it be possible to make it so that in order to publish a paper, a
person has to review two, three, four others as part of their payment?

Or is that a silly idea?[1]

Richard
[1] It's probably a very silly idea