[Wikimedia-l] [Wikimania-l] Transparency about Wikimania costs

Jessie Wild jwild at wikimedia.org
Fri Sep 21 23:48:02 UTC 2012

Thanks for starting this, Itzik!

I agree that a much more transparent and broader view of the resources
which go into Wikimania each year. I have a feeling we'll all be in for a
bit of a surprise.

Those of us involved with Wikimania from the WMF side are all onboard to
contribute. Garfield and Asaf are both actually en route to meet with next
year's organizing team, so we might be a bit delayed in hearing from them,
but Tony (WMF Controller aka finance guru) said he'll be happy to gather
all the information. Should have 2012 numbers over the next few weeks (I
can hopefully put up some estimates earlier than that).

I'll add that timeline to the talk page as well.

Thanks again for spearheading the effort -
Jessie