[Wikimedia-l] CNET News: "Corruption in Wikiland? Paid PR scandal erupts at Wikipedia"

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 15:50:34 UTC 2012

On 19 September 2012 15:36, Kim Bruning <kim at bruning.xs4all.nl> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 05:19:19PM -0700, George Herbert wrote:

>> I'm curious as to the internal view of the details, but... this is
>> Violet Blue blogging about us.

> Violet Blue is a known quantity to you?

Internet-famous blogger and ex-Boing Boing contributor who now
occasionally posts to CNet. And has pretty clearly less idea of what
journalism constitutes than I did when I was eighteen and started an
indie rock fanzine. I wouldn't mind if the article was just critical
of us, but it's actually incompetent.

- d.