[Wikimedia-l] Open Knowledge Fest this upcoming week

Jussi-Ville Heiskanen cimonavaro at gmail.com
Sat Sep 15 18:56:02 UTC 2012

On Sat, Sep 15, 2012 at 9:03 PM, Leinonen Teemu <teemu.leinonen at aalto.fi> wrote:
> Hi Sarah et all,
>
> I am in Helsinki and also partly organizing the Open Knowledge Festival (http://okfestival.org/) - the main venue is my Department of the Aalto University. I'll come to say hi to you.
>
> If you (or anyone else from the Wikimedia community coming over to Helsinki for the OK Fest) need any help, advice etc. do not hesitate to contact me.
>
> Welcome to Helsinki!
>
>         - Teemu
>
> On 15.9.2012, at 19.17, Sarah Stierch wrote:
>> I'll be in Helsinki, Finland this upcoming week for Open Knowledge Fest, where I'm co-planning the gender and diversity sessions and also participating in some other aspects of the conference. I know this is super last minute, but, if any Finnish Wikipedians (or Wikipedians living in Helsinki) want to get a drink or are going to the conference, ping me off list. Feel free to forward this message to anyone you know.

I am a nativeborn Helsinki-dweller. I don't have the funds to buy a
ticket to the events, and have limited material means to assist
visitors, but local knowledge is a strong suit. Any questions I can
help with, feel free to contact me by this gmail-account, or via
personal message on FaceBook. Also, if someone wants to visit the
"secret" awesomeness in Helsinki, on which ever theme, you could do
worse than have me as a tour guide; at least I would know who to
contact if doors need to be opened, even if what you are interested is
something I cannot get you to see myself.