[Wikimedia-l] Call for volunteers: 2012-2013 Audit Committee

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Sat Sep 8 13:25:57 UTC 2012

On 8 September 2012 14:12, Andrew Gray <andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk> wrote:
> One quick question - will the Audit Committee work with/oversee the
> finances of the FDC as well? The FDC has its own Ombudspeople (person?
> not sure if it's one or two)  but it's not clear whether the scope of
> the AC has expanded to take account of the FDC's creation.
>
> I have no idea, but I do know things have jumped around a bit since
> this time last year :-)

The FDC is technically a committee of the WMF, so I can't see why it
wouldn't fall within the scope fo the AC. The Ombudsperson's role is
more to deal with complaints rather than audit the FDC's work[1].

1. http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/FDC_portal/Ombudsperson_role,_expectations,_and_selection_process