[Wikimedia-l] RfC - Global Rename Policy

Jyothis E jyothis.e at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 20:17:01 UTC 2012

Fellows,

One of the daunting tasks that users and stewards alike face is to get one
user renamed across projects. This often takes weeks or even months before
a user gets their rename completed. Main reason is that there was no global
rename tool and stewards usually does not act on wikis where there are
active bureaucrats. This causes the user to wait till they get themselves
renamed everywhere and often ends up being half renamed for weeks.

We currently have a solution to rename users across projects. To make every
one's life easier, we would need to have a global rename policy in place to
allow stewards to rename users across projects.

We have reopened the RfC
here<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Requests_for_comment/Global_rename_policy>.
Kindly read the current
draft<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Global_rename_policy> and
provide your thoughts and feedbacks.

Thank you for your time in advance.

Regards,
Jyothis.

http://www.Jyothis.net
[[User:Jyothis]] <http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Jyothis>
Camerocks - Rock your digital world! <https://www.camerocks.com/>

completion date = (start date + ((estimated effort x 3.1415926) /
resources) + ((total coffee breaks x 0.25) / 24)) + Effort in meetings