[Wikimedia-l] Fwd: Wikimedia/mapping event in Europe early next year?

Tom Morris tom at tommorris.org
Fri Nov 30 17:00:15 UTC 2012

On Friday, 30 November 2012 at 11:41, Richard Symonds wrote:
> I think WMUK might be able to host something, (possibly) - especially if
> Tom Morris is around to help!

That sounds like an awful lot of work. I only got into OpenStreetMap because mapping rural footpaths was rather less stressful than arguing about the latest ArbCom dramas on administrative noticeboards. ;-)

Seriously though, London would be a good place to have a Wikimedia maps-related technical event. There's an active OpenStreetMap community in London and the UK, and there are potential attendees from the commercial sector who may be able to give advice on the various problems they've encountered and how they've fixed them (Mapbox and Lanyrd, who both use OpenStreetMap as part of their offerings, are based in the UK).

--
Tom Morris
<http://tommorris.org/>