[Wikimedia-l] Wikimedia Serbia office

Filip Maljkovic dungodung at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 22:09:37 UTC 2012

Hello everyone,

I'm writing to inform you that Wikimedia Serbia has opened an office in
Belgrade starting November 1, thanks to the grant by WMF [1]. That means
that we have our first employee, which is very exciting for us, but also
brings a lot of responsibilities.

So, the office is located in Bulevar Kralja Aleksandra (King Alexander
Boulevard) 20, which is in the city center, on the fifth floor, with a
view on the National Assembly building, the main post office building,
church of Saint Mark and Trg Nikole Pašića, one of the two central
squares. Anyone who's been to Belgrade can attest that this is one of
the most central and most beautiful parts of the city. :)

The office space is about 95 square meters and we're still in the
process of buying furniture and equipment, but our conference room is
pretty much set. We'll use the antechamber (which is quite large by
itself) to display the 15 finalist photos from the WLM contest 2012
(we've just had a ceremony of announcing winners and exhibiting them in
a local gallery).

Our employee is Mile Kiš, our General Secretary. He's been a tremendous
help for us in the past years and he's been doing more than full time
work for us as a volunteer, so I'm especially glad that he's going to be
able to help us as an employee, as well as be able to work on his
personal professionalization.

[1] http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:WM_RS/Annual_plan_2012-2013

Cheers,
Filip Maljković