[Wikimedia-l] Study: Nobody cares about your copyright

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Mon May 21 12:09:02 UTC 2012

>From Rick Falkvinge, an English-language writeup of a Swedish study:

http://falkvinge.net/2012/05/21/study-despite-tougher-copyright-monopoly-laws-sharing-remains-pervasive/
http://svt.se/nyheter/fortsatt-fildelning-trots-skarpt-lag (Swedish news report)

61% of 15-25-year-olds in Sweden fileshare personally, and heavy
sharers have gone up. Furthermore - industry copyright education
campaigns create resentment, defiance and disrespect for the law in
general.

So, is the time ripe yet for us to start pushing for a 14-year term,
or do we wait a bit? I suggest we start contemplating it, however.

- d.