[Wikimedia-l] Who invoked "principle of least surprise" for the image filter?

Anthony wikimail at inbox.org
Mon Jun 18 23:52:48 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 9:25 AM, Tobias Oelgarte
<tobias.oelgarte at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Am 18.06.2012 14:49, schrieb Anthony:
>> And considering the heavy use of templates which are
>> Wikipedia-specific, presumably you're going to allow for *some*
>> hand-editing.
>
> That would be something else than i had in mind and would extend the
> functionality of the filter (the proposed one) by far. I intended flagged
> revisions together with white listing for a some kind of special audience,
> and not a fork like Wiki that modifies the content (partially) itself.

"This article needs additional citations for verification. Please help
improve this article by adding citations to reliable sources.
Unsourced material may be challenged and removed. (May 2007)"

Are you going to include that template or not?  If so, where are you
going to link "improve this article" to?