[Wikimedia-l] speedydeletion.wika.com lauched

Mike Dupont jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com
Sun Jun 10 18:39:25 UTC 2012

well originally i wanted just not notable, but i was interested in hoaxes
personally. let me see,

http://speedydeletion.wikia.com/wiki/index.php?search=hoax&fulltext=Search

<http://speedydeletion.wikia.com/wiki/index.php?search=hoax&fulltext=Search>they
are clearly marked and might contain something interesting some day

thanks,
mike

On Sun, Jun 10, 2012 at 6:24 PM, Richard Symonds <
richard.symonds at wikimedia.org.uk> wrote:

> Not quite - Mike says that " it is updated...with the proposed deletions
> and speedy deletion articles (not notable and hoaxes, *not others*)."
>
> Non-notable articles are arguably important to keep - they serve as a basis
> for recreating the articles in future, and for easy review by non-admins.
> Hoaxes are also important to keep publicy viewable - so that we can stop
> similar ones happening again, surely?
>
> Richard Symonds
> Wikimedia UK
> 0207 065 0992
> Disclaimer viewable at
> http://uk.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia:Email_disclaimer
> Visit http://www.wikimedia.org.uk/ and @wikimediauk
>

> On 10 June 2012 18:29, Juergen Fenn <schneeschmelze at googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> > 2012/6/10 Mike  Dupont <jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com>:
> >
> > > I have launched speedydeletion.wika.com , it is updated every 30
> minutes
> > > with the proposed deletions and speedy deletion articles (not notable
> and
> > > hoaxes, not others).
> >
> > Speedydeleted articles are either no articles at all, thus not worth
> > discussing, or they are copyright infrigements. I am sorry to say that
> > I do not happen to understand why you collect those pages in a
> > separate wiki.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Jürgen.

James Michael DuPont