[Wikimedia-l] A task list for a beginning project

Denny Vrandečić denny.vrandecic at wikimedia.de
Tue Jul 31 11:19:02 UTC 2012

Wikidata will still help with the task at hand, but it should be formulated as:

- Translate certain templates, like city templates etc., to the target language
- Provide labels to relevant items on Wikidata in the target language

Simplified this means the template

  ''City''
  Country: {{#getfromwikidata:country}}

would need to be translated in the target wiki to

  "Stadt"
  Land: {{#getfromwikidata:land}}

and the actual country would need a label in the target language in
Wikidata (i.e. "Österreich" for the item on Austria, etc.) and the
city the template is used needs to be linked to the respective
Wikidata item. This will help with starting Wikipedias quite a bit,
but there is no magic involved.

Cheers,
Denny