[Wikimedia-l] photography restrictions at the Olympics

Ilario Valdelli ilario.valdelli at wikimedia.ch
Tue Jul 24 08:29:43 UTC 2012

Wikimedia Ch gives usually accreditations and we did it in the past also
for sport's events.

Naturally we gives accreditation only to people who send as formal request
and are identified (no unknown people).

In general we contact the press office of the event and inform them that a
defined number of photographers will participate, as soon we receive the
notification, these persons are accredited.

Naturally these persons will operate as Wikimedia Ch personel and may be
protected with an insurance (at least within Switzerland).

Anyway we have received no requests of accreditation for Olympics 2012.

--
Ilario Valdelli
Wikimedia CH