[Wikimedia-l] Request for comment on global bans

ENWP Pine deyntestiss at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 21 08:09:14 UTC 2012

Hi Steven,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, the Global Requests Committee proposal is more sophisticated and
getting consensus for its implementation might be challenging, but I think
the GRC or something like it would be a reasonable option if global bans are
to be implemented.

I anticipate that the current RFC for global bans will close as "no
consensus". If you feel that it's possible to get community consensus for
some alternative form of global ban, please ping me if you'd like to
collaborate on a subsequent RFC. Perhaps we could simplify the current draft
of the GRC to make it focus mostly on global bans if you feel that would be
helpful.

Cheers,

Pine