[Wikimedia-l] Apparently, Wikipedia is ugly

David Richfield davidrichfield at gmail.com
Sat Jul 14 21:48:21 UTC 2012

I really really don't get all this talk about Wikipedia being ugly.
To me it's a great example of how text really can move from markup to
a well-laid-out website with a coherent design philosophy. Wikipedia
generates results which adapt to window size very gracefully without
taking the cop-out of forcing all the content to run down the center
of the page in a fixed size. In fact,
http://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2012/07/on-the-ugliness-of-wikipedia/259747/
wastes half the page real-estate on my browser, and with the river of
content that's left in the middle, what does it do?  It reserves about
a third of it for ads.  Quite horrible really.

--
David Richfield
[[:User:Slashme]]