[Wikimedia-l] [Wikimedia Announcements] Announcing the Fellowship News

Samuel Klein meta.sj at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 03:40:20 UTC 2012

Siko and fellows,

This is really great; thank you for publishing it!

Lodewijk: yes, we could use a newsletter covering the full range of amazing
things happening in the wide wiki world.  It would be much easier today,
with dozens of small, focused, reliable news sources within the movement,
than in years past.

If anyone is interested in publishing such a compilation, but unsure how to
get started, perhaps we could organize a series of office hours on options
and formats for publishing community news.

SJ

On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 6:43 PM, Siko Bouterse <sbouterse at wikimedia.org>wrote:

> Hi all,
> I am pleased to announce that the first monthly edition of the Fellowship
> News is now available on Meta-Wiki!
>
> Come learn what the Wikimedia Fellows have been working on in June:
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fellowship_News
>
> Projects covered in this edition include:
> *Dispute Resolution
> *Gender Gap
> *Help Pages Redesign
> *Small Wiki Editor Engagement
> *Teahouse
> *Translations
>
> --
> Siko Bouterse
> Head of Community Fellowships
> Wikimedia Foundation, Inc.
>
> sbouterse at wikimedia.org

Samuel Klein          identi.ca:sj           w:user:sj          +1 617 529
4266