[Wikimedia-l] Declaring my candidacy

Alice Wiegand me.lyzzy at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 20:10:15 UTC 2012

Hi Thehelpfulone,

On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 5:07 PM, Thehelpfulone
<thehelpfulonewiki at gmail.com> wrote:

> Given that
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Chapters_Association/Secretary-General
> is
> still in a draft format and hasn't significantly been touched since April
> 2012, I'm inclined to say that this is premature. In addition, there's a
> question related to this on the talk page,
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Wikimedia_Chapters_Association/Secretary-General#Status
> that's
> been unanswered for just under a month. Where have recent discussions, if
> any, been taking place as I seem unable to find them on-wiki (and I don't
> think a WCA specific mailing list exists)?
> I don't intend to sound hostile
> and in no way am I opposing your candidacy, it's just your email has just
> brought up quite a few questions that don't appear to have been answered as
> of yet.

and if it would be only this - bringing process and discussion into
the public again - it is appreciated. Questions on Meta about the
state of the process remained unanswered and I as one of those who are
really interested but limited to the information published on meta,
this mailing list and internal-l, I am still unsure about the current
state of the WCA and I hope that discussions and reports will follow.
Rather here or on Meta than on closed mailing lists.

Regards, Alice.