[Wikimedia-l] Why is not free?

Nathan nawrich at gmail.com
Sun Jul 8 21:51:51 UTC 2012

On Sun, Jul 8, 2012 at 5:32 PM, Rodrigo Tetsuo Argenton <
rodrigo.argenton at gmail.com> wrote:

> Do you read my email?
> *
> me:we can make a logo under a free license, with the trademark rights
> guaranteed.*
> *
> you:that the logos are not released under a free license because they are
> trademarks.*
>

> idealists?
> sorry?
>
> If you will start to attack me, at least learn to read. And reading your
> text, sorry, but your knowledge of license, is shallow.
>
> And I'm unhappy with the fact that we have values and do not put it in
> all our instances. Not with anything you said. I know various projects that
> images of their logos are under a free license, this is not idealism, is to
> be what we ask others to be.
>
> I do not know to be aggressive in an argument that you are not obliged
> to participate
> and you was not even mentioned... *This I do not understand at all.*
>

> *PS:I just inquired three times the answers, if I can not do more, I think
> Stalin was right. I'm going to Siberia.*
>

> --
> Rodrigo Tetsuo Argenton
> rodrigo.argenton at gmail.com
> +55 11 7971-8884

You're not winning any hearts and minds communicating in this style.
Perhaps you should find someone who can more persuasively and politely
argue your points and hand it off to them; repeating yourself in
progressively more surly tones is not going to get you what you want.