[Wikimedia-l] OFFICE actions and WMF image tagging

Philippe Beaudette philippe at wikimedia.org
Tue Jul 3 19:05:04 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 11:11 AM, Theo10011 <de10011 at gmail.com> wrote:

> my
> question was simple was OFFICE action used before to block someone,
> globally or locally?

To the best of my knowledge, no.

And that's precisely why we would like a global ban policy implemented. We
would prefer an established, community-monitored process that we can turn
to when at all possible (and make no mistake, in this case it was needed; I
wish we could give all the specifics, but for privacy reasons, we just
can't).  Because we didn't have that, we had to break new ground with the
Office actions policy.  I hope we never have to use that again.

pb
Philippe Beaudette
Director, Community Advocacy
Wikimedia Foundation, Inc.